Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

RX Crystal Change

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2003, 03:39 PM
Wart Hog
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RX Crystal Change

Hi Danny,
I recently purchased an airplane with all gear including the receiver on channel 53. I have a XF631 on channel 29.
Is there a "safe" minimal distance you can change RX crystals before you have to send the RX in to be re-tuned?
The old idea used to be "You can change your RX crystal within 5 channels, after that you need to send it in."

Will I be safe changing my RX from 53 to 29?

Thanks, Charles
Old 01-06-2003, 02:26 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The answer depends on a couple factors. First is age, if the receiver has had some use, it may be time for a retune anyway, and while changing frequencies would be a good time to do it to be sure everything is good. If it is a new, or close to it, you would be fine changing the crystal in the receiver. The second factor is if the receiver has been in to our service center, it may be possible that it has been tuned to the channel of the crystal, if this is the case, it is best to stay close to that frequency, within 5 channels.
Old 01-07-2003, 01:08 AM
Wart Hog
My Feedback: (22)

Hi Danny, Thank you very much for the info. This rx is new, so I will change channels but will keep an eye on it.
Old 01-07-2003, 02:04 PM
dsnyder

You should be absolutely fine doing that then. Just do a good range test as usual.
Old 01-07-2003, 02:23 PM
ml3456

Danny,

When Horizon services receivers and transmitters, to they tune each one to the crystal in it? When you buy additional receivers, the crystal can be on the high side and the transmitter on the low side possibly.

I want to send everything in and get it checked out and tuned to the crystal it has installed. But I have 2 Hitec receivers that I got when I purchased somebody else's plane that I need to get them tuned also. If they center tune every receiver to the installed crystal, this makes it easy to have the Hitec receivers tuned to their frequency.

Also, what do they check when you send JR 4721 servos in for inspection?

Thanks,

Mark
Old 01-07-2003, 02:30 PM
dsnyder

It depends on what is requested as to if they tune to the crystal or not. If it is not requested, they will tune to the center of the band. If it is requested though, we can tune to the crystal.

They would function check the servos to be sure they are operating like new, and check the gear train to be sure there are no worn gears and check for any debris in the case.
Old 01-07-2003, 02:38 PM
ml3456

Thanks Dan,

I will tune to the center of the band. Keeps everything the same.

Mark