Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

9303 Blown Fuse

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 08:05 PM
maxmannnn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9303 Blown Fuse

I think I might have blown a fuse... at least I hope thats what it is and not a blown radio. I've got the correct polarity on my charge cord, and I've been using a shulze charger without any issues at all. THEN today I tried using a Hobbico multi-charger at .5 amps. The 9303 looks to have a stock 600ma battery in it. After charging, I thought I'd check on it.. and when I turn tx on... nothing at all! Did I blow a fuse.... or something worse? If it is a blown fuse do I have to send back in? Or can I replace it myself?
Old 08-16-2006, 09:05 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 9303 Blown Fuse

You can check the fuse by pulling the back case half being careful when you pull the back off as there are wires connecting the back half to the front half and if you pull hard you could pull wires loose. The fuse is located next to the antenna mount inside the system, it is a 3 amp, 250 volt, fast acting glass fuse. The fuse is part number JRPA030 and they are available at most hobby stores and also at stores such as Radio Shack. If the fuse is good, or a new fuse does not correct the problem, you will need to send the system in for service.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:45 PM
maxmannnn

Just to follow up... I was able to finally find a 3 Amp 250v Fast acting fuse from Radio Shack. I removed the back cover and stuck 'er in... and wal-la! Thanks for the help.

>>Chris
Old 08-18-2006, 08:55 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to hear!
Old 08-20-2006, 12:38 PM
varmato

Thanks to Danny for this suggestion as well. I briefly shorted out the 9303 through the battery connector via my quick charger. Sure enough, after that there was no power to the unit. I ran down to the local Radio Shack and grabbed a pack of four of the 250V 3Amp Quick Blow fuses and now it is working well again. I'm keeping the extra three in case this happens again.

It's good to know that the fuse is there to protect the rest of the components.