Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

8103 and retract help plz.....

Old 08-16-2006, 05:56 AM
eclipsepix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8103 and retract help plz.....

I have an 8103a in heli mode , w/gy401 and an r790 rcvr...i'm building an airwolf with retracts but i can't seem to get the radio switches right..

I just want to be able to toggle the retracts from one switch and the gyro hh/normal on another switch..
my problem is this...

when i put the remote gain wire from the 401 into the 'aux2', and the retract wire into 'gear' on the rcvr, the retracts work but i cant switch the gyro rate into hh..
if i switch the wires, the gyro works fine one the gear switch , but the retracts don't work at all when plugged into aux2...

ideally i'd like the retracts on the 'gear' switch and the gyro hh/norm to switch with the rudder d/r switch...

if anyone has experience in this plz help....plain english plzzzz.....noobie at large...

thanks in advance...

Old 08-16-2006, 06:16 AM
eclipsepix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 8103 and retract help plz.....

side note:

if i were to buy a 9 channel rcvr how then would i program the aux3 channel (for retracts) to a switch?

help....see head banging wall now.....
Old 08-16-2006, 09:20 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 8103 and retract help plz.....

You can use the gyro sens function to set the gain on to the rudder dual rate switch. I do not have any knowledge of that gyro to assist with the set up of it, but if it is like other gyros, the gyro gain sets up the HH vs rate. With many gyros, when using the gyro sens function, any values above 50 are HH and below 50 are rate, with 50 being the 0 gain setting, 0 being full gain rate mode, and 100 being full gain HH. You'd have to confirm that with Futaba though, that is just a guess. The retract should just plug into the gear channel and use the gear switch. If using a 9 channel receiver and using channel 9 aux 3, you would just have to plug the servo into the channel to get it to work on that switch.