JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

388/xp8103 questions

Old 01-06-2003, 08:53 PM
beaz

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default 388/xp8103 questions

I am contemplating upgrading my 388 to an xp8103. What is the difference in programing the xp8103? Will my existing rx's work with the xp8103? What is the difference between the 8103 fm and pcm? I have some pcm rx's and some fm rx's now that I can use with the 388. Will I still be able to switch between ppm, spcm and zpcm? I don't have my tx in front of me so I may have the letters confused, but I know there is a function to select different modes in the 388. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-06-2003, 09:36 PM
dsnyder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The difference in programming is ease of programming ability with a few more features. The 8103 has 2 multi-point mixes, and 2 include mixes, which allows the trim of the master channel work on the slave channel also. It has 6 total mixes. It has a few other built in features added. Yes, all your receivers working with the 388 will also work with the 8103. Yes, you will be able to select between the 3 modulation types.
Old 01-06-2003, 09:59 PM
beaz

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks for the info. You sure are making it hard for me to talk myself out of needing a new tx. Also, I have an old Galaxy 8 that is not holding the sub trims and other info when I turn the tx off. I'm suspecting that the internal memory batttery is history. Do you still work on these old Galaxy 8's?
Old 01-06-2003, 10:01 PM
dsnyder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yes, we sure can work on your Galaxy 8, it sounds like your lithium battery has been drained and needs replaced. Both the 388 and the 8103 are excellent systems. That is a difficult decision to make!