Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

10X servo slow & mixing

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2003, 06:12 AM
gtrollip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10X servo slow & mixing

Hi

I would like to use servo slow with my flaps as this gives a more controlled effect when deploying flaps, esp. for landing. I would also like to have a mix to offset the elevator for the flap down position.

Using the flap mixing page, I have found that the elevator will "step" to the new position, while the flaps move slowly, which actually is worse in appearance than just dropping the flaps... if servo slow is used on the flaps channel.

Is there any way to mix the "output signal" to the flaps with elevator i.e. not mixing the flap switch??

TIA

Gordon.
Old 01-10-2003, 08:43 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm afraid I'm a little confused on exactly what you are wanting it to do. Are you wanting the flaps to move with elevator, or vice versa, on a switch or not on a switch? Let me know and I'll do my best to help you out.
Old 01-10-2003, 09:35 PM
sfaust
My Feedback: (11)

Originally posted by dsnyder
I'm afraid I'm a little confused on exactly what you are wanting it to do. Are you wanting the flaps to move with elevator, or vice versa, on a switch or not on a switch? Let me know and I'll do my best to help you out.
I think what he wants, is that when he turns on the flaps, that the flaps are deployed slowly, and do just just jump into position. He would also like the elevator trim offset with flaps to do the same.

I could be wrong, but I hope not
Old 01-11-2003, 05:58 AM
gtrollip

Hi again

Sorry for the ambiguity , but yes, I want to use the 3 position flap switch and disable the flap control lever.

I would like to use mid position as takeoff flap, lower position as landing flap.

As mentioned by sfaust , I would like the flaps to deploy and retract slowly, with the elevator trim offset coming into effect at a proportional rate. I have tried using servo slow with the flaps, but naturally cannot apply servo slow to the elevator.

I'm busy setting up a scale aircraft, so I think it is better in appearance if the flap system is more to a 'scale' speed.

Many thanks
Gordon.
Old 01-12-2003, 01:47 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Are you using Flaperon feature?
Which used both the right aileron (ail) and the left aileron (AUX 1)

or a single flap servo...?

If you used Flaperon....I believe you will have to slow down the aileron servo as well as the flap servo (aux1)...just tried in my shop, you would have to slow down both channels....not really practicable for flying......as for the elevator you would have to slow it down also....again I would not advised this for flying...but both could could be done for static, since I'm not sure the judges would see that in flight at a distance....

I think the only way to make it work is to used the Flap (aux1) only, and to manually trim the elevators....or better yet make a mix to included the elevators.

Daniel D.
Old 01-13-2003, 08:27 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sorry to say that it looks like it is not possible to slow down the elevator compensation, without affecting the elevator. I've tried several ideas, and asked several others about it as well, and it looks like it is not possible.
Old 01-14-2003, 05:23 AM
gtrollip

Ah well, many thanks for your input.

Regards
Gordon.