Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

6 volt glitces

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2003, 01:37 AM
hoverVT
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6 volt glitces

Ineed help with a new radio system, I get glitches out of an aileron that is connected to a y harness. I have switched servos and I have switched sides of the y harness and I still get the glitch on the same servo. I am using a 6 volt pack and a 700 receiver all new I have even switched receivers from a plane that I have never had problems with and I still have problems but they all seem to stop when I switched to a 4.8 volt pack PLEASE HELP
Old 01-12-2003, 10:45 PM
hoverVT

Default 6 volt glitces

Danny, I have since tried every configuration possible to resolve the problem , y harness elimination, new servos, switched receivers, the problem was always on the aileron channel. I have since plugged this wing into another cap with a futaba radio and had no problem and then took the servos out of the futaba system and have no problems in any configuration I tried even with the 6 volt. Danny if you have any imput please help one confused modeler. Thanks Tony
Old 01-13-2003, 02:08 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 6 volt glitces

What servos are you using? Are they jittering or is this showing up when doing a range test?
Old 01-13-2003, 11:32 PM
hoverVT

Default 6 volt glitces

Danny I'm using 537 servos and the problem consist as soon as the receiver is activated and the problem seems to calm down until I move the ailerons to about 3/4 and then it just seems to glitch only while being used, but will still glitch a little at neutral Tony
Old 01-14-2003, 02:34 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 6 volt glitces

On a fresh charge this is more likely to show up. Check to be sure that the servos are not mounted too rigidly, i.e. servo screws too tight and mounting rails too tight on the servo, check that the hinges are secure and slop free, and that the control surface moves freely. Also check your linkages and be sure everything is slop free and non-flexible. I've seen bad extensions sometimes cause this as well, but doesn't sound to be the cause in your case.