Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

My Plane is Buzzing (Newbie)

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2003, 03:47 PM
georgiavfr800-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Plane is Buzzing (Newbie)

After I installed my radio in my plane back in December I noticed when the reciever was switched on, the plane buzzed (TX turned on first). I took the plane and all back to the Hobby shop where purchased so that they could look-see and they told me it was all OK and a lot of systems buzz, some more than others. I have flown the plane and have had no problems, no glitches at all but the buzzing is worrysome. Of Course I dont hear it when the engine is running and here are some specifics for my setup:

Radio:
JR XP662 w/700 rcvr
(4) 637 servos
Plane:
Sig Kadet LT-40
Engine:
Thunder Tiger 46Pro

One other question: How should I treat the battery packs when I'm not flying, say storage over a few weeks. Should I continue to charge them every few days or what.

Thanks for your reply.
Old 01-13-2003, 08:12 PM
jerrysu29

Default Servo Noise

Servo noise is caused by the slightest bit of torque on the servo. Try this remove all the linkage from your servos once you have done this you will have no servo noise or buzzing, with the system on. if you do still have the buzzing move the sticks on the tx until noise stops. What this does is to center your servos with out any load on the servos there should not be any noise. Binding linkage is the biggest problem for servo noise. Check all your linkage and make sure it moves back and forth with no binding. All your linkage most move as free as possible. You will never get rid of all the buzzing.On the bigger planes just the weight of the flying service against the servo arm will make the servo Buzz.
Old 01-13-2003, 08:35 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

537 servos do make a little buzzing noise, and make more noise when there is a load on them. If they are just buzzing, check to be sure your hinges are free moving, linkages slop free, and no binds anywhere. For a few weeks, you would really not have a problem just putting a little charge on them periodically, maybe using them a little and recharging if it will be a little longer. Before you fly again, charge them again, and be sure to check the voltage of the pack.
Old 01-14-2003, 12:03 PM
georgiavfr800-RCU

Thanks. All the hinges are free moving (no binding) and have been the whole time. I just thought it was weird with the buzzing and all when everything is switched on. Gotta make sure the store i bought my stuff not just pulling my leg.
Old 01-21-2003, 09:38 AM
Red7fifty
My Feedback: (73)

Default batteries

With regards to your batteries, I would strongly recommend calling up Tower Hobbies and buying an Accucycle battery charger, (not the plus model). I have 2 that I use all the time. I wouln't charge the batteries a little here and there, you might run the risk of developing a "memory" in the cells, in which they will not hold the charge correctly, instead, if it has been a couple of weeks, just hook up the charger the night before, and press "discharge/auto charge", it will then discharge the batteries to the correct level, and switch to a timed 15 hour charge (which is recommended by most manufactures included chargers). This does a few things:
1. It won't overcharge your batteries.
2. It conditions them for maximum performance
3. If you cycle them through 2 or 3 cycles, it gives you a readout of the battery capacity. ie 585 of a 600Mah pack. By keeping a log of this, you can keep on top of your battery packs performance. Also, at the end of a flying day, say you log 5 flights, and don't have any engine problems which makes you leave the power switches on, you discharge them . The charger will tell you the remaining charge in them, example 200 Mah. This will help you gauge how much safe flying time you have left for future reference. Good luck.