Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR 6102 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 12:58 PM
tsperry88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 6102 Questions

I am looking at buying a JR 6102 TX on ebay. I have a couple of questions. Can you explain these posts to me. What is he trying change.

"I just bought a 6102 on E Bay. I need to convert it to mode 1. Can I change the stick config software in the system menu or do I need to send it to Horizon?"

What does this mean changing chanels. I thought changing the crystals changed the channel. If I go to fly and find somebody else on my frequency, what do I do. Why does it have to be sent in. Please educate me.

"I bought a JR 6102 on RCU but want to change the frequency to my current channel 19. How can that be done? Or would it be cheaper to change my receiver crystals?"

I'm trying to figure this out, so I don't buy the wrong thing.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:25 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: JR 6102 Questions

There are basically two modes used by the vast majority of radio control enthusiasts today: "Mode 1" and "Mode 2". "Mode 2" is by far the most common. With a "Mode 2" transmitter, the left stick controls throttle and rudder and the right stick controls elevator and aileron. The other, less common, configuration is "Mode 1". With a "Mode 1" transmitter, the left stick controls elevator and rudder and the right stick controls throttle and aileron.

Changing channels means changing the frequency of operation. It is against FCC regulations to change the frequency of a transmitter except when performed by an authorized service center, unless the system is a synthesized system.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:27 PM
Tony Gag Jr.
My Feedback: (124)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Danny,
How much does Horizon charge to change the frequency in the transmitter? I already have the crystal, I can't just pop it in myself?

Thanks,
Tony
Old 09-29-2006, 08:14 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is generally one unit of labor (15 minutes) which is $7.50. As I said, it is against FCC regulations to change the crystal in a transmitter except when performed by an authorized service center, unless the system is a synthesized system.