Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

HORIZON HOBBY WOW

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 09:52 PM
ERIC108

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HORIZON HOBBY WOW

I sent my tx and two rx to horizon hobby and all i have to say is wow! I had bought a tx and two used rx. The tx had been droped and the case had been broken 3 switches had been broke so i got it real cheap the guy said it still worked. So i tried it with my rx and i could not get it to work. I got on here ask some questions and decided to send it in. They replaced my case that i had broke and i told them i broke for free. They said it was under warranty wow. He replaced four switches checked out everything (for 50.00 total including shipping round trip) and said everything was working fine. I have tried them and they still won't work but i think i know now. The tx does not have a crystal it is a 8103. It has a module with numbers NET-J72P. Is this my problem i hope so. Do not be afraid to buy something used and send it in you could save a lot of money. I have heard all good things from horizon and jr.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:56 PM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: HORIZON HOBBY WOW

Eric,

If you p[ull out the module, there is a crystal on the backside of it. I(t will say the channel on it. Just replace the crystal in the receiver to match the number on the crystal in the module.

If they are the same then it's possible the TX is set for pcm and the reciever is a ppm or visa-versa
Old 10-06-2006, 08:39 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great to hear! Enjoy!
Old 10-08-2006, 10:52 AM
ERIC108

I have ordered a crystal. I am glad i took the module off again to see that the crystal was not there just an overlooked item that i should not have overlooked. Thank you for the help guys. And thank you to horizon hobby.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:30 PM
s14slide

so what was your turnaround time? I got an 8103 I need to get fixed.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:10 PM
ERIC108

It took about a week and a half. What kind of repairs do you need. If you do get repairs tell some of the readers what to expect if they have the same problem.