Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Advantages of x-378

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2003, 01:12 AM
Aggie-Pilot
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advantages of x-378

I guess that I'll be frank. I am going to buy a new radio and I have narrowed my decision to the X-378 or the Hitec Elipse 7 Spectra. The radios basically cost the same and I think that they have most of the same programing capabilities (please correct me if I'm wrong). However, the Hitec has shift select capabilities, and will have the spectra module. Set those two options aside, what advantages does the x-378 have over the Hitec.? I look forward to seeing your answers.

Keith
Old 01-13-2003, 07:09 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking at the features it looks like they are very close in features and programming options. I'm not sure of all the features of the Hitec radio to do a good comparison between the two, but it does look like they are close. We do have an excellent service department should the need arise to have your equipment serviced, as well as an excellent product support department to assist with any questions or programming problems you need help with.
Old 01-13-2003, 07:43 PM
Aggie-Pilot

Danny,

Thanks for your response. I was at my LHS this weekend and noticed that they had the 8103 PROMO. I bought it first thing the next morning. An extra 40 bucks was well worth the better radio and digital servos. I'm sure that I will have some questions when I dig into all of its features.

Thanks,

Keith
Old 01-13-2003, 07:46 PM
dsnyder

Glad to hear it! Fire away with any questions if you come up with any.
Old 01-15-2003, 04:51 PM
headhunter66

I don't know what type of flying you do, but I am in the same boat you are. I was set on the Eclipse until I read a few threads about the Crow mixing on the Eclipse. It only works with Gliders. I guess you can the Crow mix to work using 2 switches and a little ingenuity. I am still leaning towards the Eclipse for the Shift Selectable feature. Good luck.

Dave Porter
Old 01-15-2003, 05:32 PM
Aggie-Pilot

Dave:

I decided to buy the JR-8103. I found one for $379.00 it was a PROMO. Last night I programed this radio for my Ultra Stick 40 and it was a very simple process. However, the manual for the Ultra Stick recomenced that I set it up as a glider. I assume that this is done to make the crow feature simpler.

Keith
Old 01-15-2003, 05:34 PM
dsnyder

That is correct, it is much simpler in glider mode to set up the ultra stick functions.