Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

What is a Left hander suppose to do?

Old 10-10-2006, 10:33 AM
ajlepel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is a Left hander suppose to do?

Danny.....I was told by a forum member that this was the place to talk about my problem.

I am returning to the RC Plane hobby after a 30 hiatus. I use to fly a single stick 4 channel Heathkit transmitter that is now obviously outdated. After much shopping around I decided upon a JR Sport 6 channel dual stick transmitter. I believe it might be the SX600.

Being strongly left handed I decided I wanted the Mode III configuration with throttle and rudder on the right stick and ailerons and elevator on the left stick. This is what makes me feel most comfortable. Lo and behold my local hobby shop said that was a European configuration that was not available in the US.

Forum members have told me to just try the Mode II configuation and that I will adapt. I can tell you I do not think that possible. I have tried my hand at a flight simulator with Mode II and I fail miserably. I even tried flying with my left hand on the right stick and that works but it is awkward moving back and forth.

My quesiton is this. Can I obtain a JR Sport radio with Mode III configuration? Can one be adapted? Has my modeling career ended before it started? LOL !

Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 10-11-2006, 10:12 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What is a Left hander suppose to do?

Yes, you can special order a system on Mode 3 or send a system in and have it converted.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:30 AM
ajlepel

Danny....that is an interesting comment you make about special ordering. That is exactly the question I asked my local hobby retailer and he told me that it was not possible. Either he didn't know or didn't want to be bothered. He did in fact tell me that Mode III was only for European markets and that the frequencies for Mode III were unique and illegal in the US.

Perhaps JR could sell more of its products if this retailer knew what he was talking about.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:43 AM
Mac_Man_UK

Sounds like the dealer has spent too much time around open fuel containers !!!! He obviously needs educating in the facts !

Mode 3 frequencies ???? ROFLMFAO !!!!
Old 10-12-2006, 08:31 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Perhaps the stores policy is that they don't special order. We don't set store policies.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:59 AM
Piet Le Roux

Why don’t you simply get a mode 1 radio or change your radio to mode 1, then swap the aileron and rudder servos at the receiver in the plane and you have mode 3.