Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR 8103 OR THE NEW 7202

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 01:43 PM
phillipc37388

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 8103 OR THE NEW 7202

I AM SWITCHING OVER FROM FUTABA TO JR AND HAVE PURCHASED A "LIKE NEW" 8103 FROM A FELLOW CLUB MEMBER THAT BOUGHT HIM A 10X AND DIDN'T NEED THE 8103. NOW I AM BAFFLED ABOUT WHETEHER OR NOT TO SELL IT AND OPT FOR THE NEW 7202 SYNTHESIZED SYSTEM OR SHOULD I KEEP THE 8103 AND PURCHASE THE CHANNEL SELECTABLE MODULE FOR IT AND KEEP IT AND PURCHASE NEW SCAN SELECT RX'S FOR MY PLANES. I WANT TO GET ALL MY PLANES FLYING ON ONE RADIO AND NOT MESS WITH 5 TX'S AND THEN HAVE TO CHANGE CRYSTALS WHEN OTHERS ARE ON THE SAME FREQUENCIES.

I GUESS WHAT I AM ASKING IS, WHAT ARE THE PROS AND CONS TO RUNNING THE 8103 VERSES THE 7202? COST VERSES FUNCTIONALITY?

I RECENTLY PURCHASED THE POLK "TRACKER III" RADIO SYSTEM SIMPLY FOR THE REASON OF CHANNEL SELECTABILITY AND MODEL MEMORY BUT I DO NOT LIKE THE WAY IT FEELS IN MY HANDS. ALSO I DONT SEE ANY TOP GUN OR TOC PILOTS TOSSING THEIR JR'S FOR THE POLKS. SO I HAVE A NEW POLK I NEED TO SELL IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED..

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR THE INPUT AND INFORMATION

PHILLIP C
Old 10-13-2006, 08:52 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: JR 8103 OR THE NEW 7202

Both the 8103 and 7202 perform very well, which system would be best for you would be really based on personal preferences. The 7202 is newer and for some programming is a little easier than the 8103, but overall both systems are very good and both have similar capabilities. They also have a different feel, so you might see if you can get your hands on a 7202 to see if you like the feel of one over the other.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:22 AM
phillipc37388

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JR 8103 OR THE NEW 7202

THANKS DANNY FOR THE INFO, I HAVE HAD THE 7202 IN MY HANDS AND IT FEELS GOOD ALSO, SO I GUESS I HAVE A DECISION TO MAKE! I'M NOT INTO ALOT OF PROGRAMMING SO EITHER WILL WORK FOR ME AND STILL NOT TOUCH THE RADIO'S ABILITIES TO WHERE I AM IN RC.
AGAIN, THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND INPUT.
NOW I AM OFF THE THE BEECHCRAFT OWNERS/STAGGERWING CONVENTION (BETTER KNOWN AS THE BEECH PARTY) GOING ON HERE IN TULLAHOMA TN! GOTTA LOVE THOSE RADIALS!
PHILLIP C

WWW.staggerwing.com < STAGGERWING LINK
http://www.cafes.net/herb/ < LOCAL CLUB WEBSITE