Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR XS3 310 is the Receiver limited??

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 06:16 AM
SA1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR XS3 310 is the Receiver limited??

Hi Danny,

I just purchased a JR XS3 and I was very disappointed to find out that it is not as advertised Quote ....."Using synthesized signal processing, the XS3 allows racers to completely do away with crystals and select whatever frequency they desire. "

I raced the African Cup this weekend and could not start in the semi final as the only frequency’s available on my radio were as below and they were all already used by other drivers.

These are only 8, is this normal, or is my radio faulty? If it is normal then I am very upset as I also purchased and additional receiver all together costing me more than the Spektrum DX3. I will also not get a refund from my LHS, so I will be stuck with this situation every time I race which is not the way JR have advertised the radio.

Please could I have your comments before I advise any other drivers as to which radio to purchase...

Andy
Old 10-17-2006, 07:51 AM
Mac_Man_UK

Default RE: JR XS3 310 is the Receiver limited??

Where did you buy the radio from ?
Old 10-17-2006, 08:30 AM
Mac_Man_UK

The simple answer is no its not faulty, you have bought the Japanese version. Check with your dealer as he shouldnt have sold it to you. If you bought it from one of the Far East dealers then as they say .. " Caveat Emptor"

Oh and by the way, JR don't really advertise.... they leave that to their distributors....

[8D]
Old 10-18-2006, 04:08 AM
SA1

This is actually the only JR they sell in South Africa.

The advertising was through all the reviews of the product, including RC Car Action
Old 10-18-2006, 04:39 AM
Mac_Man_UK

Hi, well in that case someone messed up big time. The reviews on Horizons site (and its sister site JRradios.com) are valid ONLY for the USA.

Your LHS SHOULD have known or at least investigated what frequencies the XS3 work on.

As a matter of interest what are your ground frequencies in SA ? All I can find is the Aero Frequencies......

BTW, I have exactly the same issue over here in the UK, I was sent a sample 310 receiver only to find that the version I received was for Japanese 40 MHz market, wrong frequencies and only the 8 channels.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:34 AM
SA1

Is there anything we can do as my lhs will not refund me.

Local FR 40 and 27Mhz