Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

New JR 12 channel radio

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 11:07 AM
GJr.
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New JR 12 channel radio

Does anybody have any further updates on the this radio shown at the Japan Hobby Show? Specifically, does anybody have an idea about what is "APCM" ?
I hope they continue to offer backward compatibility with "SPCM" and use plug in TX modules. This might allow for future transmission system updates. Also, the inclusion of a USB port or similar interface for downloading and uploading data for program updates, aircraft setups, etc. would be very useful. Taking advantage of flash dives is getting chaeper all the time, especially with U3 smart drives.
I would also like to see more flexibility in switch selection and locations. Meaning I would like to be able to choose the type of switch, function, and location. It should be able to be installed by the user to meet his needs. I even like the idea of being able to use control stick mounted switches. A 4 position switch to use with a JR Channel expander would be welcome. Heck, it would be nice to offer both a standard style case and a tray style case with the same electronics inside. This is similar to what Graupner/JR does with the MX-22 and MC-22 transmitters.
As far as programming electronics, well just continue to offer the same type of great, sensible, and logical features we expect from JR with some new additions. I favor more substance and less fluff. I do not need pictures or movies, etc. It would be nice to see new receivers that offer more servo outputs along with built in "match box" features if JR is committed to not offering programmable servos. Dual battery inputs would be nice along with regulators that accomodate the newer battery technologies. This would help eliminate a lot of external gear and wiring. An external programmable plug in module would be a possiblity to increase functions. I would strongly favor JR going back to letting the user define the time frame for a lost signal before failsafe is initiated. That is one of the features I miss most on the current JR 10 X.
By the way, does anybody think a JR Match Box that would allow the use of two channels controlling from one to four servos in a single box be useful? That way you could control multiple aileron servos, flaps, slats, etc with just two wires from the receiver. It seems that in many applications, we use only two aileron servos and one or two flap servos. This would give two control functions in a single box with two leads from the RX instead of four servo leads, just a thought.
Back to the main subject. I can only hope JR gets some prototypes out in the field ASP for evaluation in the USA, UK, Asia, and Europe. I think it would be good to have input from severals sources. I have seen from being exposed to many international jet flyers that we can all learn for each other. This would allow the best possible product to be developed. JR needs to move as fast as possible. We have all been waiting too long for the next step from JR.
Old 11-03-2006, 02:16 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New JR 12 channel radio

No features are yet known about the system as at this point the system is still in development. Here is what we know.

* The 12X will be 12 channels.

* It will use the same case as the 10X with some small hardware changes like the scroll wheel.

* Software will include air, heli and sailplane programming but will simulate the logic of the 9303.

* Cost is unknown, but we hope will be in the vicinity of the 10X.

* The system will be 72mhz, synthesized.

* Timing is pretty much a guess, but I would look at JR's history with the 9303. We are hoping it to be sooner than later as we did learn a lot with the development of the 9303 but we don't have any firm dates.