Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Servo Endpoint Limiter & JR XP9303

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 12:58 PM
mike_flight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo Endpoint Limiter & JR XP9303

Danny,

I'm setting up my first T-REX (450SA) with a JR XP9303 transmitter, and I noticed that the lower aileron servo horn can get dangerously close to the main drive gear. This obviously imposes an upper limit on the combination of ATV values and CCPM swash mix percentages that can be used without causing damage.

My question is... Is there any way to limit the endpoints of the individual servos without scaling down the entire response curves (which is how the ATV and swash mix percentages work). I want to run high percentages, and simply limit the minimum and maximum pulse widths sent to the individual servos. To me, this seems like such a simple thing to implement, yet I cannot find a way to accomplish this on my 9303.

I came across a separate product that will do this, but I was really hoping my 9303 transmitter could handle this function.
http://www.veetail.com/

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:02 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Servo Endpoint Limiter & JR XP9303

I have a T-Rex set up here and there is at least 1/8" clearence between the arm and the gear with the swashplate all the way down. Travel adjust is used to do what you ask, to adjust an individual servo.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:34 PM
mike_flight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply, although I'm a little disappointed that the 9303 does not have a servo endpoint limit feature.

While I understand that ATV is typically used to adjust servo throw during the initial setup, that does not guarantee that the outputs from all the other programmable mix functions will not combine to create a potential binding situation down the road. Endpoint limiting, on the other hand, would enable the user to play around with all the other programmable mix percentages without any risk of causing a binding situation.

I'll just cross my fingers that JR includes endpoint limiting in a future software upgrade.

Old 11-16-2006, 09:31 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Travel adjust does limit the end point, that is the purpose of it.