JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR Max 6 & JR Quattro Buddy Box

Old 01-23-2003, 01:02 AM
gwa

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default JR Max 6 & JR Quattro Buddy Box

I am just getting back into RC airplanes after about 20 years and I am having a blast. I bought a used JR Max 6 transmitter and trainer airplane. I want to teach my kids to fly so I bought a JR Quattro Buddy Box. I have hooked up the two transmitters with a mono cable I bought at Radio Shack. The Buddy Box lights up but it will not control the airplane when I push the trainer button on the Max 6.

Will these two transmitters work together. If not, do you have any suggestions? Right now I am trying to keep the costs down.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Gary
Old 01-23-2003, 01:43 PM
dsnyder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yes, you should be able to buddy those two transmitters together. I would suggest picking up a JR trainer cord, part number JRPA130. The procedure for doing this would be to turn on the power to the master, plug in the trainer cord in the master, then plug in the trainer cord to the slave. You do not turn the power switch to the slave on. Also both batteries must be fully charged.
Old 01-23-2003, 01:55 PM
gwa

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks for the reply.

However, I made a big mistake last night:

I was working with the Quattro buddy box last night to make sure it works. I took my crystal and antenna out of the Max and put it in the Quattro and it worked. After I did this the battery pack fell out of the Quattro breaking off a little bit of the plastic on the connector. This allowed me to plug the battery back in the wrong way and I smelled something burning. Now the radio lights up but no longer works. Do you think I totally ruined the radio, or is there just a component that needs to be replaced?

Thanks,
Gary
Old 01-23-2003, 02:31 PM
dsnyder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

There are likely a couple internal diodes that get damaged as a result of reverse polarity. The general repair cost is in the range around $40 or so. This varies somewhat though, it just depends on how far the damage went.