Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

jr10x battery

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 10:41 AM
z1nonlyone
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jr10x battery

Hi Danny!, Hey I charged (or tried too) my 10x using a different charger than was supplied with my radio. I had this charger set to 1 amp charge rate. After about 1 hour, I figured that it should have been done and felt the radio. It felt like it was almost on fire!! Of course I disconnected the charger and turned the radio on to see how much of a charge it had, and it only showed about 9.5 volts. I hooked it up the the supplied JR charger and left it over night and it did actually take a charge. The battery seems to be melted, or at least some of the surounding components. My question is, where can I buy a good or maybe larger capacitiy battery than stock, and should I send the radio in for service?

Thanks,

Chris

Old 11-22-2006, 05:26 PM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: jr10x battery

I can answer the question real easy. YES, send the radio in. The battery for a 10X is 1100ma. You used 1000ma for a hour. You may have done more damage thern you think. At the very lest you are going to buy a new battery. Dennis