Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

6102 CCPM Limited pitch/throttle travel

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 12:06 PM
LCHelilover
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6102 CCPM Limited pitch/throttle travel

Hi Danny,

I just got a 6102 and while setting it up with my Trex, I find that with full excursion of the left (pitch/throttle) stick, I only get movement on the pitch and throttle curves from about 10% (bottom) to 84% (top). Before starting, I reset factory defaults for the model #, selected CCPM 120 degrees and entered the name for the model. I then went to the model and set up CCPM and servo travel direction for appropriate movements. All ATV and trims are zeroed. I shouldn't have any other mixes active, so I'm stumped. Is there another function that I'm missing? BTW, I've tried changing the ATV on the servo channels and the CCPM mix values and neither changes the end points of the pitch/throttle curve excursion. I purchased this transmitter used here on RCU so it may have a "pre-existing condition" that I was not made aware of.

Thanks,

George
Old 11-28-2006, 09:50 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 6102 CCPM Limited pitch/throttle travel

You shouldn't have your ATV's set to 0. The CCPM mix values are used to set the overall movement for each function, travel adjust is used to fine tune each channel to match each other for throw. You will use the throttle curve and pitch curve settings to dial them in as desired.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:08 PM
LCHelilover

Excuse me, Danny, I mis-spoke- or more precisely mis-typed. I meant that the ATV's were reset to the factory default values of 100%. As I stated in the original post, changing the ATV to 150% doesn't change the travel end points on the throttle and pitch curves which are 10% on the low end of stick travel and 84% a the high stick position. Also as previously stated, changing the CCPM value for Pitch from the default 60 to more, increases the excursion of the servos but doesn't change the high or low values of the pitch/throttle curves. I am quite familar with CCPM pitch and throttle curve set-ups and JR radios- including the use of ATV to fine tune servo movement for CCPM. Have you any other ideas?
Old 11-29-2006, 09:27 AM
dsnyder

Changing the ATV most certainly does not change the throttle/pitch curves, it only changes the movement of one channel. By your description I'm not sure what problem you are having. To adjust the throttle and pitch curves, use those functions and edit the curve as desired. If you can't get enough throw there, increase the CCPM mix values.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:45 PM
LCHelilover

OK, Danny, let me try again.

The problem is that with the left stick in full low position, the vertical line on the pitch and throttle curves is at 10%, when the stick is moved to the full up position the vertical line moves to the 84% position. I'm talking here about the vertical line that indicates the actual stick position NOT the oblique line that depicts the output programmed by the stick position. Effectively I'm only getting 74% of the stick travel "on the curve"....I can certainly adjust the curve to make it work, but I would prefer to get "full travel" from the stick so I don't have to compress the curve into 3/4 of the potential range.

It seems to me that there may be a problem with the potentiometer that is controled by the pitch/throttle stick, but I want to make sure that there isn't a programming issue before I start messing with hardware.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:19 AM
dsnyder

Does the I value on the screen in the throttle and pitch curves give the number that you mention, 10% and 84%? The I value is the stick position and the O value is the output. If the I value says that with the stick moved all the way I'm guessing there is a problem with the gimbal etc and I'd recommend sending it in.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:17 PM
LCHelilover

Yes, exactly. That is what I thought. I purchased this transmitter used so that I could transfer my Spektrum DX6 module to it and I've already made the conversion. No doubt I've voided any warrantee that may have been in effect. Will your techs fix the gimble problem without sending it back to me with a 72mHz RF deck re-installed<G>? I ask because whenever you send in a receiver with a short (eg Deans)antenna on it, they always return it with a full length antenna. I've also replaced the voltage regulator with a switching regulator, BTW.

Thanks,

George
Old 12-04-2006, 09:40 AM
dsnyder

We do not work on any systems that have had the changes made as you have done. You have in fact voided the warranty of both systems.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:42 PM
LCHelilover

Most Excellent; I'll look forward to replacing my 10s, 9303, and seven PCM receivers with new equipment when the spread spectrum technology gets worked out. I wonder if it will be JR this time?