Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

8611A TBO

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 06:39 PM
cap10b

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8611A TBO

Danny,

I have two planes loaded with JR 8611A's front to back and have had no problems what so ever. My question to you is this. When do you know when is it time to overhaul your flight control servos? What is the recomended Total Time these servos can run before they need to be sent in? I noticed my 8611A's were fairly tight when I installed them new in both planes (WH Giles 202 with 3W-75I at 22 lbs and QQ Yak 54 86" 3W-50I @ 17.5 lbs) now they have loosend up, meaning you can take the trailing edge of the wing and wiggle the surface and feel the gear click back and forth. I know servos cannot be absolutely tight they have to have some gear lash in order to function but what is the criteria? Needing this information to determine when I should start rotating servos out to be overhauled.

Also I'm not wanting to buy the maintance manual and start overhauling servos but what can I do at home as preventative maintance
and what do I leave to Horizon/JR ?

Thanks

Johnny Snead

Old 12-20-2006, 01:39 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 8611A TBO

There really isn't a fixed amount of time that a gear train will last, there are many factors involved, mainly the type and set up of a model. Mechanical advantage plays a large role here, going in on the servo arm and/or going out on the control horn can increase the overall life span of the gear train and the servo overall. I personally have 8611's with 250-300 flights and the gears are still good. Set up properly, the gear train will last quite some time. I recommend just checking them periodically. One thing many people overlook however if using metal servo arms, they can wear, and the problem may not be in the servo, but rather the servo arm. The rule that our service center uses for checking them is by uisng a 12" pointer on the servo, at idle, there should be no more than 4mm movement at 12" out. Generally they are 3-4mm.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:36 PM
cap10b

Danny,
Thanks all this sounds very good.

Johnny
Old 12-23-2006, 01:57 AM
lazy eight
My Feedback: (389)

Hi can you put the older 8611 on the same flight control along with the newer 8611a and not have a force fight? I have 8611 and 8611a's I have put the newer case's on my older 8611's. Is there any other differance than the new stronger case? And I have heard there is some motor problems on the newer 8611a's has that been fixed? Thnaks
Old 12-26-2006, 09:28 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would not recommend mixing servos like that. The motors are different between the servos.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...odID=JRPS8611A