JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Lengthened RX antenna

Old 01-29-2003, 07:32 AM
francois118

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Lengthened RX antenna

Danny

I bought a plane(2x2) that is reinforced with carbon fiber(the fus) till about 10cm behind the wing. The antenna exits at the same distance at the bottom of the fus, and extends for about 20cm.

I am going to use my 649 PCMS receiver.

My questions: 1) how much will the carbon fiber influance reception; 2) I want to change the exits point of the antenna to just behind the canopy, to run to the top of the rudder stab,but the standard length of the antenna is to short. If the antenna is lengthened will this influence the factory setup of the RX or not; 3) Will point 2 solve my problem in regard to possible interference as set out in 1.

Thanks for your help.

Francois
Old 01-29-2003, 08:06 AM
mikenlapaz

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

"the standard length of the antenna is to short. If the antenna is lengthened will this influence the factory setup of the RX or not
"

I would not mess with the length of the actual wire portion of the antenna; I would consider slipping the very tip of it into a small wire tie end, clip off the thin end of the tie and use a rubber band to tension and lengthen the wire run to the vert stab le. This is not my personal experience only what I've read!
mikenlapaz
Old 01-29-2003, 10:38 PM
dsnyder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I would not think extending the antenna would gain you any performance. The standard length antenna is set for proper tuning and reception. Carbon fiber can block reception since it is conductive. It is best to separate the receiver antenna as far away from the carbon fiber. Always perform a thorough range check, check out this article for more information. http://horizon.hobbyshopnow.com/articles/1079.asp