Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Jr-r1

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2003, 10:11 AM
DSA.308
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jr-r1

Hello and greetings. I have recently purchased a JR-R1 from quantum models and wanted to ask a few questions.... Firstly, I already have a Airtronics M8 radio, I havent recieved the JR- R1 yet. I have noticed that JR is usually great equiptment priced even better. Let me just come right out and ask it....why is the JR-R1 priced $100.00 more than the new T3PK from Futaba? Does the Futaba have features not on the JR, or vise/versa? I assumed seeings how JR has had such reasonable prices in the past, that the R1 must be a fully and completely better radio than the Futaba, which in the past, was always known to hold the record for most expensive, if not the best also.

I have just aquired a FG 1/5th scale which weighs 25LBS and goes 60MPH. It has front and rear seperate disk brakes hence the reason for me needing a three channel with mixxing. Apparently there is only a few radios made in pistol grip form that have this feature. Also wanting to get a full PCM radio was a major safety concern also. Please give me some reasons why I should be happy with my purchase of the JR-R1 radio.
Old 02-03-2003, 05:12 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jr-r1

Looking over the features of both, it looks as though the systems are very close. A couple things the JR has over the futaba is the abiltity to use the JR datasafe system which allows you to store your set ups on your computer and also email set ups with other users. Also new JR systems have 3 year warranty with an excellent service department in the event of any problems that may come up. I do not see it listed on the futaba information that it has trim rate adjustment that the R-1 does have. This allows the to fine tune the "step" of each click of trim. Other than these differences, they do look very close in features.