JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Two questions for dsnyder, or anyone else who knows.

Old 02-03-2003, 07:49 PM
kwelz
My Feedback: (6)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Two questions for dsnyder, or anyone else who knows.

First off I wanted to know if there are any plans in the near future to come out with a Radio with multiple frequency module option like the Hitec Eclipse 7?
The Spectra Module on the eclipse is the main reason(only really) I chose it over the JR 8103. With FCC regulations not allowing us to change out TX crystals I find it quite a pain to go to the field. I would have to have a different radio for each model or have all my models on the same frequency. And this is a pain if someone else is on that one at the field.

My second option is about the 10X. Why is this a Airplane or Heli Radio only. It seems that a Radio of this level should have all mixing options. Or am I just misinformed on this? Will it actually do both?

Ack! Make that three questions.
Is there any news on the 9 channel radio I have heard talked about? I would really be interested in hearing more if this is true.

Thanks for your time.
Old 02-03-2003, 08:11 PM
dsnyder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The only synthesized system we have right now is the XS3 that we just released. I'm sure that more systems will follow in the future, but I do not know of any plans to have this available in any more systems at this time.

The 10X is dedicated to each model type. The reason for this is memory storage space. The systems as they stand use every bit of storage space possible to get the advanced features of each type of model.

I don't have any new information on the 9 channel system, I have yet to see one to know what the system will include and what programming options it will have. Although JR has shown a new 9 Channel in Japan, it will be quite sometime before it is in the market. Japanese companies generally announce new product 6 months before it will ever be available, where we choose to wait until it is available. Our release will follow the Japan release since our systems are typically refined versions of the Japanese systems.
Old 02-03-2003, 08:14 PM
kwelz
My Feedback: (6)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thank you for the very fast responce.
I have always prefered JR radios.
I got the Hitec for the Features but it just doesn't "feel right" in my hands. To sharp for my taste. But the selectable Frequency is just to important
Old 02-03-2003, 08:17 PM
dsnyder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

No problem! Stay tuned!