Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

DX7 & Stearman

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 10:20 PM
Heli-NuBee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX7 & Stearman

I have been watching the only DX7 system flying at our field the last three weeks and it has performed very well. The pilot is flying both electric and nitro planes with great sucess and he is very pleased with the system so far. I have my own DX6 system that I have flown many times with small electrics that has also performed very well. So, I took the plunge and purchased a DX7 system to install in my Brillelli 40 powered Great Planes Super Stearman. I hope that this will be a great combination. What do you think, Aerobob and others?

Best wishes and good safe flying.

Heli-NuBee (Roger)
Old 01-31-2007, 09:34 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: DX7 & Stearman

The system should perform just fine.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:34 AM
d_wheel

I am in the same position as your friend. Have been flying the DX7 in electric, gas powered, and gliders for over a month with absolutely no problems! I think you will like it very much. My only concern is that Futaba has now released (in Europe) their 6 channel 2.4ghz park flyer system and reports are that it interferes with the DX7. Haven't seen it personally, but if true it may make the DX7 obsolete over night... If I were contemplating buying now, I believe I would wait and see how this rumor plays out.

Later;

D.W.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:40 AM
dsnyder

Equipment on the 2.4 Ghz band are mandated by the FCC to work together without interfering with one another.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:49 AM
d_wheel

Not arguing with you Danny, in fact I have heard the same thing over and over again. However, no one has ever been able to show me the FCC rule that states this. Where can I find it so I can forward it to Futaba?

Later;

D.W.
The question has been answered to my satisfaction ( http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=4511 ). It is evident that you were correct and that no one is allowed to introduce a system that interferes with others. I am sure Futaba will follow these rules and we will all be able to operate together.

Later;

D.W.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:47 PM
ncrego
My Feedback: (40)

I am in the same position as your friend. Have been flying the DX7 in electric, gas powered, and gliders for over a month with absolutely no problems! I think you will like it very much. My only concern is that Futaba has now released (in Europe) their 6 channel 2.4ghz park flyer system and reports are that it interferes with the DX7. Haven't seen it personally, but if true it may make the DX7 obsolete over night... If I were contemplating buying now, I believe I would wait and see how this rumor plays out.
Futaba's hasn't been released yet, even in Europe. Robbe has a listing but it has yet to ship. Also, there are conflicting reports on if it interferes with Spektrum, according to Steve Kaluf (AMA technical director), they haven't seen it, and it won't conflict when it does show up. Here's the post he made over on RCG:

Okay, you talked me into it. However, like I've said many times in the past please don't expect me to answer your response to my post. If you have a question, e-mail me.

First, none of us have seen the Futaba system yet, so I find the claims it interferes or gets interfered with a bit hard to believe.

Secondly, I've just had a call from the designer of the only 2.4 GHz RC air system currently on the market and he too states he is not aware of any difficulties.

Third, I have tested all of the Spektrum systems (surface and air) with the Futaba surface system and have noted absolutely no problems.

Finally, we can beat this up on the forums all we want, but I think we have to realize that companies like Spektrum, Futaba, JR, Hitec, Nomadio, Airtronics, XPS and any other other major player in this game will want to assure their system works while other manufacturers systems are turned on and operating. AMA has been working with each of the manufacturers, doing our own testing to assure this is the case.

As I've said in the past, this will be an interesting year. Sit back and enjoy it. When/if you see a system that meets your needs buy it if you so desire. However, I suggest that posting inaccurate information or rumors on this or any other forum does no one any good.

Regards,

Steve

Steve Kaluf
AMA Technical Director
I'll try to dig up a post I saw by Paul Beard (designer of Spektrum), that also says that it won't interfere.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:04 PM
Heli-NuBee

Thanks for your input Danny. I have a great deal of respect for you and the other folks at Horizon. I have never had anyone from Horizon that did not shoot straight with me. I have yet to see someone weigh in that actually owns a DX7 and has had any problems at all. All of the nay sayers and negitive accounts seem to come from folks that do not have first hand experience with the sysem and are from second hand information or rumors. I am sure there will be a number of crashes by folks using the DX7 system. However, there is no evidence to date that the DX7 system will experience any greater problems or issues than any other quality radio system currently on the market. As for me, I'm betting my Great Planes Super Stearman and Brillelli 40 gas engine on the DX7 system will perform very well. If I have any problems or concerns resulting from my first hand experience I will post such information on this forum. However, I will do my best to refrain from providing information based on speculation or rumor.

Oh well, thats my two cents worth.

Best wishes and good safe flying.

Heli-NuBee (Roger)
Old 02-01-2007, 09:44 AM
dsnyder

Rumors are rumors. As far as I am aware, the Futaba system isn't out yet as stated, so that to me says this is only a rumor. I'd recommend contacting Futaba if you have any further questions.