Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

TX battery charging

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2003, 04:42 PM
NHSoaring

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TX battery charging

What is your suggestion for charging the TX battery in my 378?
[list=1][*]Always slow charge it with the provided charger?[*]Fast charge with periodic cycling by hook-up from the case charging port?[*]Fast charge with periodic cycling by removing the battery?[/list=1]

Thanks
Old 02-05-2003, 10:18 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TX battery charging

A combination of all 3 is acceptable. It would be simpler to cycle the pack through the TX since it uses a connector widely available. I would recommend using the slow charger most of the time, fast charge only whenever necessary, and cycle the pack on a periodic basis. The cycling could be at the beginning of a new flying season or during a time when you are not planning to fly. It is recommended to stay around an amp to an amp and a half as a maximum for the charge rate. This is to prevent the possibility of damaging the fuse and possibly other components in the transmitter.