Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

4 engine mixing

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 09:27 PM
nine o nine
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 4 engine mixing

I'd like to copy the mixes Pete Goldsmith uses on his B-17 that allow throttle to rudder mix on either side to help with crosswind control. Always on, not on above a certain throttle position, one engine on each side???? Lots of possibilities but he's already figured it out. How???? Mitch (I also use a 10X).
Old 02-07-2007, 09:48 AM
dsnyder

Default RE: 4 engine mixing

I assume you are meaning a rudder to throttle so that when you give rudder control it reduces or increases engine RPM? To do so, you would set up a program mix for each engine, mixing rudder to the channel, then press page once to the switch selection screen, pres SEL under STK, move the throttle to the position where you want it to switch on and off, then press STORE. Then press page twice, move the throttle stick to low (if you want the mix active at low stick) and set the rates as needed.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:09 PM
nine o nine

I understand that part ok Danny but the available mixes would be just about taken up just to get 4 throttles working as one wouldn't they? Maybe insert a "Y" on the 2 outermost engines? Mitch
Old 02-07-2007, 01:20 PM
nine o nine

I guess I didn't myself clear Danny....sorry. I have to run all 4 throttles into a matchbox because all the channels are taken up with accesories....bomb drop, bombay doors, flaps, gear, smoke and brakes. Because of this I'm assuming I can't get mixing to rudder with throttle on any particular engine. In actuality I'd like one on each side to advance on the side opposite the rudder movement. For instance if right rudder is applied the outer engine on the left wing would speed up somewhat.
I believe the mix that you defined in your first reply would only work if each engine (or inner and outer on each side) had their own channel. Mitch
Old 02-08-2007, 09:41 AM
dsnyder

That would be correct, if you don't have any channels open and you use a matchbox to set up the throttles, you would not be able to perform this set up. In order to operate just one engine on each side with the rudder you would need to use 4 channels and that would take 3 mixes to set up, plus a couple more mixes to do the rudder to the aux throttle channels. If you could get by with adjusting both engines on each side, you might be able to go down to using 2 channels with a matchbox or Y in each wing and do the set up that way.