Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Service for an older JR radio?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 12:12 AM
Sneasle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service for an older JR radio?

Hi Danny,

I have an older JR Unlimited Series Mark 8 model j128F that was given to me some time back. I was wondering if there is any kind of service still available for this kind of radio?

A few gentlemen have looked it over and said it should work fine ( would like it as a spare) but I am not sure who extensive their looking over was and would prefer to have it professionally serviced.

No one mentioned anything about it but I do not see a gold sticker on this radio so I am not sure if it is compliant with whatever the FCC standards are now. The module in it is a valid feq and it transmits and receives fine. I even had it out at the local club one day while others were in the air and someone happened to have a freq checker out and only channel 40 (what the radio is on) had any activity.

Still, better save then sorry.

If there is service available, what kind of costs are involved with this? If it gets to be too much I will probably just stick it on a shelf as a reminder of what radio's used to look like.

Thanks in advance.

Old 02-13-2007, 09:55 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Service for an older JR radio?

Yes, the system can still be serviced. Service fees will be based on parts and labor required, and we can't give an estimate without seeing the system. You can send the system in and request an estimate if you would like. The system could be wide band, but the gold sticker requirement went away a long time ago, so it isn't a good indication just because it doesn't have one. If it is wide band, a new module may be required for the TX and if so additionally a new receiver would be required. Feel free to send the system in for a check up.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Content/...rchecklist.pdf
Old 02-13-2007, 10:33 AM
Sneasle

Any particular reason I would need to buy new receivers? I have 3 Berg receivers that I have been using with it so why the need for new ones? I do not have the original receiver, I assume you were referring to that?
Old 02-14-2007, 09:58 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the receiver/receivers that you have were wide band would be the only reason.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:03 AM
Sneasle

ah, alright. No, they are the new berg micro stamps and the slightly older 5ch dsp receiver.