Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

DX-7 programming for split elevators

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 07:24 PM
acrojack202

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX-7 programming for split elevators

Just bought a DX-7 and trying to use it on a plane with split elevators, ie, two elevator servos. I've got the left servo on the Elev channel and the right servo on the Aux 2 channel. In the setup program, I've got the Aux 2 input inhibited. On Program Mix 1, I've got Elev -> Aux 2. Rates are adjusted to get equal throws and SW set to ON. All that seems OK.

Problem is with the Elev trim - it only moves the left elevator half which is driven by the Elev channel. I think I've tried all the options available with no success. I even went so far as to read manual (can you imagine that? ) and found nothing there.

I have found that I can trim each elev half separately using the Elev trim for the left side and the Aux 2 trim for the right elev half - not too convenient. There must be a better way.

Any suggestions?

Jack
Old 03-02-2007, 07:32 PM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

Default RE: DX-7 programming for split elevators

You'll find what you need here - http://www.rcaerobats.net/Spektrum/dx_7_main_page.htm

ORIGINAL: acrojack202

Just bought a DX-7 and trying to use it on a plane with split elevators, ie, two elevator servos. I've got the left servo on the Elev channel and the right servo on the Aux 2 channel. In the setup program, I've got the Aux 2 input inhibited. On Program Mix 1, I've got Elev -> Aux 2. Rates are adjusted to get equal throws and SW set to ON. All that seems OK.

Problem is with the Elev trim - it only moves the left elevator half which is driven by the Elev channel. I think I've tried all the options available with no success. I even went so far as to read manual (can you imagine that? ) and found nothing there.

I have found that I can trim each elev half separately using the Elev trim for the left side and the Aux 2 trim for the right elev half - not too convenient. There must be a better way.

Any suggestions?

Jack
Old 03-02-2007, 08:42 PM
acrojack202

Default RE: DX-7 programming for split elevators

Aerobob,

Thanks. After a second look, there is a note in the manual regarding trim carry thru on P mix 5 & 6. Just missed it, guess I need to read more carefully.

Jack