Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Flap travel inadequate on 8103 landing switch.

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2003, 05:20 AM
kram-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flap travel inadequate on 8103 landing switch.

My flaps works fine on flap knob (30 degrees at 80% deflection), but can't get them to go more than about 15 degrees with the landing switch, despite dialing adust. all the way up to +250.

I hate to ask this question, 'cause I'm sure the answer is gonna make me feel stupid, but...........

mt
Old 02-12-2003, 10:36 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My only guess is that you have the pot removing travel from the flap switch. Go to your servo monitor and move the flap pot to the '0' position, and flip the landing switch. The flap should move the amount put into the landing mode. Now as you turn the flap pot you should see that rotating the pot in one direction would add travel, and turning it the other way would remove travel from the flap. Is this happening, or is there something else going on?
Old 02-13-2003, 07:33 PM
stumper

quick question...

is this for a sailplane or power plane?
Old 02-18-2003, 08:07 PM
kram-RCU

Default flaps

101" P-38

mt
Old 03-03-2003, 01:46 AM
kram-RCU

Default 8103 landing switch

dsnyder:

OK, you were right.

I had my flap pot set up to control the flaps manually, so the negative value set up to have zero flap subtracted from the landing switch flap movement.

Here's my next stupid question: I want to set up the plane/radio so that I can dial flaps in with the knob AND I want to be able to hit the landing switch (with the knob and the flaps starting at zero deflection) to automatically get a combo of full flap deflection and a little down elevator.

I spent a frustrating 60 minutes today trying to find the right mix of travel adjust, sub-trim, flap pot, and landing switch to do that. I can't figure it out without breaking into the plane to change mechanical linkages (Arghhh!)

I suppose I could set it up to dial my flaps in manually with the knob, then just use the landing switch to set a little elevator. Any better ideas??

The following are my initial radio settings (where I was getting perfect knob control of the flaps, but not enough flap with the landing switch:

subtrim: 0
flap pot: 100
trav. adj: U 99
D 63
Land sw: Elev D 10
Flap U 250
Spoil INH
Auto INH

Should I try using the flp/elev mix function (same switch)?

Thanks,

mark
Old 03-03-2003, 07:21 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Using the landing system as you have stated you have done above should get what you are asking for provided I am understanding the question properly. Go to your servo monitor, put the flap pot in the center, to the 0, and put the flap mix switch in the land position. The flap channel should move all the way one direction. At least it is on this TX with the same numbers you provided above. If the servos are not centered properly I could see them running out of travel perhaps if you need to use a lot of sub trim, but they should still move as you are asking for here. If you need more travel with and are using a lot of sub trim you will need to recenter the servos.