Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR 388 mix for smoke

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 05:39 PM
aviator2002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 388 mix for smoke

Hi, I have a 388s transmitter and have a smoke system on my model which works with the spoiler knob on the tranny but would like to know if it would be possibe to mix it into the coupled rudder/aileron switch instead as this would make it easier to switch the smoke on and off during flight. I am using the gear switch for my choke.

Thanks
John []
Old 03-14-2007, 08:20 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: JR 388 mix for smoke

I'm not sure what switch you mention as being the coupled rudder/aileron switch? To mix it to a switch, set up a program mix, mixing the channel to itself, assign the mix to the switch of your choice, and set the rates as needed. Likely either the pot will need to be held off of center for the mix to work, unless you enter an offset in the mix.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:17 AM
aviator2002

Hi Dan, thanks for the input. The rudder/aileron switch is situated on the top lefthand corner of the transmitter behind the rudder dual rate switch.
I did try and mix the switch into the spoiler but i didn`t offset the knob as you say and that could be why it didn`t work so i will have another go and let you know how I get on.
Thanks again
John
Old 03-14-2007, 03:37 PM
aviator2002

Hi Dan,well I have tried to do a mix again but I still cannot get it to work. I have tried mix A,B and C put both channels to 8 which is what I have my smoke pump set to then put offset on and not on and 125% travel (tried + and - ) but still nothing when the switch is on. Even after doing the mix I can still switch the smoke pump on with the spoiler knob but not the coupled rudder/aileron switch. Would you have any further suggestions that I might try or could it be that my transmitter is not capable of doing what I want?

Thanks
John []
Old 03-15-2007, 09:04 AM
dsnyder

Is it a case of not getting enough travel for the pump to operate or is the mix not moving the channel? Try plugging a servo into the channel to see if it moves. If the channel isn't moving far enough to operate the pump you might try 2 mixes to add more throw.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:16 AM
aviator2002

Hi Dan, No the servo doesn`t move just clicks, this afternoon I have tried a set up with servo`s and receiver on the bench and did as you suggested and plugged a servo into channel 8 and mix this channel to itself with +125% travel and selected switch MXSW which was switching on and off but the servo didn`t move so I tried -125% and still nothing but when I switch the landing switch to landing position the servo moved. Can you tell me how I go about programming 2 mixes into one since I have had my JR transmitter for a number of years but it is only recently that I have required to start using some of the mixes for my models apart from mixing dual elevator servo`s plus the elev/flap and landing switch but thats about it really so any guidence is much appreciated.

John
Old 03-15-2007, 02:20 PM
dsnyder

Try clearing out the offset in the mix, and rotate the pot all the way in one direction, and then set the value in the mix (make sure when the mix is on that the value is not 0%). To set up 2 mixes, you would just set up 2 mixes the same way, the 2 mixes would only be needed if you needed more throw than what 1 mix was providing.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:45 AM
aviator2002

Dan, tried all your suggestions but still cannot get the servo to move when I throw the switch so what I have settled on is to use the landing switch to switch the smoke on and off instead this gives me the option of using either the spoiler knob or if I activate the landing switch then I can use that instead so have the best of both worlds really but with the spoiler knob I am able to control the flow rate for the smoke whereas by using the landing switch it is all or nothing but I can live with that.

I don`t think my 388s transmitters will allow me to asign certain switches when mixing some functions unlike the 9XII which gives more choices. I have 2x 388s transmitters and can`t get the mix to work on either of them so at least it would seem that nothing is faulty.

So unless you have anymore suggestions for me to try Dan I will settle on what I have got but thanks for taking the trouble to try and help me sort this thing out.

John