Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

DUAL RATES ON ONE SWITCH JR 8103 Tx

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 03:39 PM
Speedy-Gonzales
My Feedback: (202)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DUAL RATES ON ONE SWITCH JR 8103 Tx

Okay!!! I am new to posting a new thread but here goes. I need step-by-step instructions on how to make my dual rates ( rudd-elev-aile ) function off of one switch for JR 8103 transmitter. I am using FLAPERON wing set-up due to dual servos on each aileron. I also have a MATCHBOX on each Rx channel ( AILERON port for right/AUX 1 port for left) driving the 2 servos to help with sync. I have the system set up and working fine. I just need info on how to be able to actuate dual rates for all 3 functions with a single switch. Your help/comments are greatly appreciated. This is one of those things that may seem simple to some but confusing to even an advanced flyer like myself! SG
Old 04-09-2007, 05:11 PM
Speedy-Gonzales

Default RE: DUAL RATES ON ONE SWITCH JR 8103 Tx

Well I guess I have figured it out with some help from Danny. I had 3 "mixes" available, for the specific model in question, on my Tx. So I mixed "rudder to rudder" / "elevator to elevator" / "aileron to aileron" and assigned them all to the "Up/Down Gear" switch. Works fine on the ground. As soon as the snow stops in N/W Ohio I will try it out. HEY!!! I learned something new today! It was worth getting out of bed for! SG
Old 04-14-2007, 06:24 PM
Speedy-Gonzales

Default RE: DUAL RATES ON ONE SWITCH JR 8103 Tx

I have found a setback in this setup. 3 mixes can not be assigned to the up/down "gear" switch. So I assigned the elevator and rudder dual rates to the "gear" switch and left the dual rate for the ailerons seperate. If someone has a better suggestion to get all 3 channels assigned to one switch, I would like to hear from you. The JR 8103 is a very nice transmitter with many setup options . I am suprised JR did not think of the 3D flight envelope when engineering the XP 8103 system. The new JR systems do have this feature but I will stick with my 8103 for now. My first flying interest is in SCALE R/C and SPORT. I am also a "Speed Freak" but now days you have to fly some 3D to be "Hip"! My purchase of a Carl Goldberg 77" YAK 54 ARF has pushed be into the world of 3D. I am very happy and impressed with the Goldberg YAK 54 ARF and it is just the right size. Not too big and not too small. The all-up cost is appealing also.