Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Buddy boxes and flaperon on SX600 and EX421

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 08:40 PM
Bobhend
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buddy boxes and flaperon on SX600 and EX421

I received the new SX600 and am putting my planes into it. I will use my old EX421 (a 5 channel radio) as the buddy box. Is there any way to do flaperons ? The AUX channel for the one aileron is on ch 6 on the SX600 and ch 5 on the EX421. I am putting a plane together and it would be cool if flaperons were possible but seems like something bad will happen if I do this. Not having a complete block diagram it is unclear exactly how the buddy box system works but it seems like it is essentially like shutting off one transmitter and turning on the other one - everything has to be exactly the same.

Also, since the SX600 is digital trim I assume digital trim 0 is the same as center position on the 421 trims.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:39 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Buddy boxes and flaperon on SX600 and EX421

Both systems will need to be programmed for the model, so in this case it is not possible to do what you request, you will need to use a y harness or matchbox on the ailerons to set them up. Yes, the trims at center should be the same.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:57 AM
Bobhend
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Buddy boxes and flaperon on SX600 and EX421

Danny - I also just realized that in flaperon mode on both the 421 and 600 radios the + and - 'stick' rate settings of the second servo channel (5 or 6) is permanently set at 100 %. I had thought it was made equal to whatever was set on the aileron channel. Hence I am off to buy another Y cord which solves all these issues. I can always add a servo and mechanical flaps to these planes at a later date. This will keep the SX600 and EX421 totally compatible. [Since I don't use retracts I can have flaps on ch 5 on both radios.] There is a lot to be said for standardization of ones aircraft setups .