Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR8103 Specktrum conversion module, hmmmm

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 07:46 PM
Shihtzutan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR8103 Specktrum conversion module, hmmmm

I don't want to give up my 8 channel and settle on a 7 channel, but I like the Specktrum's features, especially since my JR is becomming questionable. My JR has been factory checked out and has been given a clean bill of health, but every now and then I notice my trims are wrong! Three different airplanes/receivers. I'm suspecious about the continued realibility of this radio, and I'd really like to keep my JR8103, so I'm wondering if it would be worth converting my JR to 2.4Ghz. What are the chances tI'll have the same problem? Hmmmmm, any advice gentlemen?
Old 04-23-2007, 08:57 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: JR8103 Specktrum conversion module, hmmmm

Is this a digital trim system? Trims can't change on their own. Are you sure no one is moving the trims on the system without you knowing? Perhaps the pots are worn on the gimbals. If there is pot wear in the TX using a Spektrum module wouldn't change that.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:37 PM
Shihtzutan

Computer radio, all trims centered. Old friction style trim since this is an earlier JR8103. First flilght of the season this year, same thing . . . my plane climbed like a raped ape! when I put it away for the season, every was perfect!
Old 04-24-2007, 08:30 AM
dsnyder

Did you save your trims in the trim offset function?
Old 04-24-2007, 12:57 PM
Shihtzutan

Yes! During set up I go for zero internal offset with everything mechanically netural in the airplane. I use and incidence meter and make minor offset corrections. After flight, I use memory offset to save the trim settings and everything is fine for awhile.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:53 PM
John Redman
My Feedback: (8)

Curious what type of control system you are using. Are they nyrods from Sullivan? If so these will expand and contract with weather that will keep you fighting. If not, are you sure the control horns are tight on the surfaces, no slop any where in the linkage, clevis pins not worn, etc.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:01 PM
Shihtzutan

I use the Dave Brown fiberglass pushrod system on my elevator. Now that I think of it, it's always been the elevator that misbehaves. The problems have manifested on different airplanes in a similar manner, rulling out the receivers.