Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Is this a Bad Servo?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 08:17 PM
Bobby Folsom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a Bad Servo?

Danny, I have an AW 260 with JR 8611a all the way around (except throttle). I have two Fromeco 4800 mah batteries going into a SmartFly Super Regulator then into a SmartFly powerexpander.

Sunday afternoon the throttle went to the fail-safe position so I immediately landed. Upon ranging checking, everything was okay. A few minutes later I decided to try to fly again but the elevators and rudder acted like low voltage.

Back at the shop I checked the output voltage of an aileron slot on the powerexpander and it was very low - 5.00 instead of 6.0 as it was supposed to be. Again when moving the sticks, the elevators and rudder servos acted like low voltage and when I measure the voltage in an open rudder slot found that the voltage dropped to around 3.3!! I had a spare super regulator and replaced the original and checked the voltage again. Ah ha, found the same low voltage at the rudder servo slot when activating the rudder!!

The elevators didn't exhibit this behaviour. So, could it be a bad rudder servo?

Thanks for your reply.

Bobby
Old 05-11-2007, 08:27 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Is this a Bad Servo?

Does the servo seem to be drawing high current? If so, then perhaps unless there is a set up issue. Otherwise I'd suspect a problem with the battery/regulator/etc set up.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:58 AM
Bobby Folsom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is this a Bad Servo?

Thanks Danny. I don't think it's a setup problem because I flew this plane for a year with no servo problems. I think you are correct in thinking it may be the regulaor/powerexpand that is/are causing the problems. I will check that angle out and let you know what I find out.

Thanks,

Bobby