Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

2.4GHz for the ROTW

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 04:01 AM
Conrod

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2.4GHz for the ROTW

Hi
Can someone tell me if the JR/Spektrum 2.4 systems, will be supplied to the rest of the world, (through JR Japan) or is this a US product only, driven by Horrizon? If so what are we going to get, if anything, from JR. Had read somewhere that JR was/had been working on their own system, is this true and if so, is it the same as JR/Spektrum operating system, or a diffrent 2.4 type system altogether.

Geoff
New Zealand
Old 05-16-2007, 02:05 PM
Mac_Man_UK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2.4GHz for the ROTW

Can someone tell me if the JR/Spektrum 2.4 systems, will be supplied to the rest of the world, (through JR Japan) or is this a US product only, driven by Horrizon? If so what are we going to get, if anything, from JR. Had read somewhere that JR was/had been working on their own system, is this true and if so, is it the same as JR/Spektrum operating system, or a diffrent 2.4 type system altogether.
Geoff,

JR Propo (Japan) [I have to state that as a lot of people think JR is owned by Horizon or is an American Company] was working on their own product but unfortunately a problem arose which meant that they had to discontinue it.

JR were in talks with Horizon (who own Spektrum) over these issues and at the end of all these discussions, JR Propo WILL be producing the 9 channel & 12 channel 2.4 GHz systems under the JR banner. It will be running the Spektrum RF system under licence. JR will also be releasing the 12X in native format (ie 35 MHz, 36 MHz, 40 MHz & 72 MHz) but this apparantly will NOT be available within the USA/ via Horizon.

So, the future line up will be....

USA.... 9303 2.4GHz & 12X 2.4 GHz

ROTW... 9303 2.4 GHz (or perhaps 9XIIDX ?), 12X 2.4 GHz (12XDX ?), 12X (35/36/40/72 MHz).

The 12X will be along the lines of the 2720 in that the frequency selection will be by front panel choice, it is going to be in a 10X style casing but with the ease of the 9 series scroll bar etc....

Hope that helps
Old 05-16-2007, 02:19 PM
Conrod

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2.4GHz for the ROTW

Thank's Mac Man.

Geoff