Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

8103 and Schulze 32.55KA

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 10:33 AM
747-RCU
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8103 and Schulze 32.55KA

Hi Danny,
I have to setup the throttle to work properly with the Schulze 32.55KA controller, here is how they tell me to set it up. My question is how do I implement this in the 8103, please explain step by step instructions, I have played with 5 point throttle curve, but to get it 100% right, please translate what Schulze says in regards to setting up a JR radio. Thanks

Here is what they say::

The Aerobatic-version of the future-u speed controllers offers optimum conditions to fly
the "constant speed" figures.
In those future-u types which are equipped with an F3A program (future-32.55KA, future-
32.80KA) the RC-Car program has been replaced by the F3A program.
The special feature of the F3A program is that it provides proportional braking for slowing
the propeller in downward passages.
For this application you should set the DIL switches on your future as follows:
#1 on
#2 off
#3 off
#4 timing softer (depending on your type of motor)
#5 timing soft (depending on your type of motor)
#6 frequency 9 / 19 kHz (depending on your type of motor)
The F3A program uses fixed stick travels (pre-set pulse widths):
- The full-throttle point is set permanently to 2.0 ms (i.e. +125% JR, -125% Futaba).
- The neutral point is set permanently to 1.5 ms.
- The full brake point is set permanently to 1.0 ms (i.e. -125% JR, +125% Futaba).
You have to adjust the stick travels of your transmitter so that the pulse widths stated above
are achieved reliably at the stick positions you wish to use (full-throttle, neutral, full brake).
These adjustments can be carried out as follows:
a) “Servo reverse” or “REV” for stick direction;
b) “Servo centre” or “STM” for offsetting the stick neutral point away from the mechanical
centre point;
c) “Servo travel”, “Travel adjust” or “ATV” for adjusting the pulse width.
Our recommendation:
Use a multi-point throttle curve (“Ch1 curve” - JR) to fine-tune the braking effect to suit your
personal flying style.
Note:
The maximum braking effect (full brake setting) in flight is often too severe with the propeller
running; a static propeller brakes the aircraft less strongly.
For this reason it is not always necessary to set the pulse width for the full brake setting to
the possible maximum (1.0 ms).
You may find it better to set the stick (end-) position for maximum braking effect to a value
between neutral (1.5 ms) and full brake (1.0 ms) resp. between 0% and 125%.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:18 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 8103 and Schulze 32.55KA

I've never used that controller, so I can't really give you specific set up information. It looks like you will need to set the travel adjust to 125% for low and high throttle. And it looks like you may need to set up a throttle to throttle mix in mix 1 or 2, and adjust the curve to get the brake desired. You'll want to start the mix with all 0% values, then adjust the low stick values to get the desired performance, leaving the L position set to 0 so that you don't affect the travel adjust. Negative values will slow the response, positive values will speed the response.