Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Programming the 9303 for a smoke pump

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 08:44 PM
Scoubidou
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Programming the 9303 for a smoke pump

Hi Danny
I need your help to programm my 9303 correctly.

Here are some details of my setup: I have only aux-3 channel available to plug the pump and all others channel are taken for servos and batteries. I am using the Sullivan smoke pump on Aux-3 channel of my 649 PCM RX. I have 3 flights mode and I would like to use the aileron switch to turn on/off the pump whatever the flight mode i am using. My pump needs a very little signal to start and that's why i programmed +130 subtrim on aux-3. I have programmed mix 1 Throttle to aux-3. Presently the pump works whatever if the ailerons switch is turned on/off and the flow can be changed with right rotary trim?

Questions:
1) How can i desactivate the right rotary trim ?
2) May i use ailerons switch to turn on/off the pump? How do you programm it?
3) Any other suggestions to mix with the throttle stick?

Daniel
Old 05-23-2007, 07:23 AM
Scoubidou

Default RE: Programming the 9303 for a smoke pump

I use the gear switch for the choke and that's why i want to use the ailerons switch for the pump.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:10 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To deactivate the slider go to device select, and on the bottom row under aux 3, set this to INH. To assign the mix to the aileron switch, in the mix set it to AIL. Using mix 3-6 set either the pos 0 or pos 1 values to be the on values, and then set the opposite values to the off values. This will depend on the pump what the values will need to be.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:55 AM
Scoubidou

It works fine now, Thanks
Old 12-25-2007, 02:58 PM
carysohl

OK, here is a newbie who has done no programming and is finding the 9303 manual to be really exasperating. It seems like the only person who it is written for is an IMAC champion. I have a Sullivan Skywriter smoke system which has a power input and a signal input to change the flow rate. I have a 9303. I have been able to figure out how to use the GEAR output to switch power to the Sullivan on or off by using the GEAR output as in input to a RCATS electronic switch. No problem with that.

The Sullivan 753 wants to see a negative signal when first powered up. The 9303 manual does not explain what the functions of all the features are in the mixes, and is really not very helpful at all. If I pick MIX3, I know that I have to pick one of the AUX outputs as the slave to the THROTTLE so that at the 0 level of the THROTTLE the AUX output is negative, and as you advance the THROTTLE the AUX output goes positive and the pump should come on. But I am really confused as to what all the other parameters in teh MIX menu are all about. What is position? What is inhibit? I could use some detailed understanding of what this set of menus is all about. Ive spent a lot of time guessing and watching the MONITORS to see what I have done, and none of it makes any sense.

Really really unhappy with this manual.