Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

R2000 receiver range problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 12:42 PM
JustABigKid
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R2000 receiver range problem

Danny, I have an R2000 receiver that only gets about 50~75 feet of range when it's connected to all servos. This is in a jet with several 24" and 36" extensions. When it's only connected to one servo (to test the fail-safe), it has about 150' of range. These tests are with the XP9303 antenna attached but collapsed. So I have two questions:

1) Should I send it in to have it checked?
2) I haven't been able to find the original receipt, but I don't think that the R2000 has been available for more than 3 years - so can I get warranty service anyway?

Thanks,
Ken Clark
Old 05-30-2007, 08:25 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: R2000 receiver range problem

1) Have you verified that it is not a problem with a servo or installation issue? Try plugging in one servo at a time to see if there is a problem with one of them. Try different routing of the antenna, installing the receiver in a different location, make sure all electronics are away from the turbine, pump, and ECU etc. If you can not locate the problem feel free to send the receiver in for a check up.
2) Warranty is not transferable, so warranty only applies to the original owner, so a receipt is required. If you can not locate the receipt include information as to where and when you purchased the receiver and the service department will do what they can for you.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:09 PM
JustABigKid
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: R2000 receiver range problem

When I test the receiver with a just single servo and battery connected, then I get ~150 feet of range - but plugging in all the servos causes the problem. I've tried using a "whip" antenna connected to the Rx antenna wire (shortened to correct length for the whip antenna), and I get the same results as with the wire antenna. All servos in the plane work correctly when connected to the Rx - it just has a short range. These tests are with the turbine NOT running, but the ECU connected to the throttle channel.

I'm sending it in for service, along with the purchase info you suggested - and hoping for the best...

Thanks,
Ken

ORIGINAL: dsnyder

1) Have you verified that it is not a problem with a servo or installation issue? Try plugging in one servo at a time to see if there is a problem with one of them. Try different routing of the antenna, installing the receiver in a different location, make sure all electronics are away from the turbine, pump, and ECU etc. If you can not locate the problem feel free to send the receiver in for a check up.
2) Warranty is not transferable, so warranty only applies to the original owner, so a receipt is required. If you can not locate the receipt include information as to where and when you purchased the receiver and the service department will do what they can for you.