Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

AR7000 Installation

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 12:58 PM
sgillmore
My Feedback: (50)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AR7000 Installation

Hi Danny,

First of all, I'd like to say I really appreciate the service you provide here. I wish all vendors would make themselves this available to their customers.

I've been flying with my DX7 for several months now and so far, I've been really happy with it. Last night I finally got around to converting my SIG 3D Mayhem over to Spektrum. Even though it's a 90/120-sized plane, I found it difficult to arrange the AR7000 and it's remote to my liking. I finally got it mounted, but ended up with a couple questions--mostly related to the proximity of the antennas and lead wires to other components.

The right antenna on the main RX is fairly close to the throttle servo. It's probably hard to get perspective from the pictures, but it's approximately 1/2-3/4" higher than the servo horn and in no danger of actually touching it, but I'm slightly worried about the proximity of the antenna to the servo. I don't know why.

The remote was also difficult to position as the thick wing actually didn't leave a lot of vertical room between it and the top of the fuse for the antennas. The lower (or upper, depending on your perspective) remote antenna is slightly curved to follow the contour of the fuselage. As you can see in the pictures, it's a very slight bend. I always try to orient them as straight as possible. Should I worry about this slight bend?

I also had to route the lead wire for the remote right behind On/Off/Battery leads. Again, just a proximity issue that I was slightly concerned about.

I've been doing tons of reading on the DX7 and I don't think anything I've mentioned should cause a problem. However, this is one of my favorite birds and I guess I'd just like a little reassurance that the install looks sound. I had my 72mHz installs down to a science and now I'm learning all over again. Of course, I'll do extensive radio checks and pre-flight.

Thanks in advance for any assistance/assurance you can provide.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50981.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	698121   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aw70427.jpg
Views:	1615
Size:	158.8 KB
ID:	698122   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty64530.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	698123  
Old 06-06-2007, 09:26 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: AR7000 Installation

The antenna being close to the servo won't affect performance. The installation looks ok and shouldn't cause any problems, but as you mentioned, be sure to range test before flight.