Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

DX7 and gyro

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 01:35 PM
kleaners

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX7 and gyro

I just received and align gyro which I am hooking up to my BCPP setup with AR6100, DX7. I know how to make the physical connections of the remote adjust switch but am having some problems programming. I know if i set gear input to gyro I get the gyro menu to adjust but the you are limited to using the throttle hold switch for gyro management. I have heard that if you set gear input to gear you can use the gear switch to manage the gyro and use its endpoints to adjust gain. This is the part I am unclear about. I want to get this working, I just want my throttle hold switch to stay where it is.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:51 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: DX7 and gyro

If you assign the gear channel to gyro in input select, it does use the gear switch to control the gain. If you use aux 2 instead it then uses the aux 2 switch. You can also select the flight mode switch to control the gain in the gyro function.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:25 PM
kleaners

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I assign gear to gyro on input, the gyro menu comes up but it only lets me assign the gyro to the d/r throttle hold switch or automatic to flight mode, choosing which mode is for which flight mode. I know there is come way to use eva on the gear switch to adjust gain and switch modes on the gear switch, I just don't know how and don't know which switch setting (0 or 1) is hh and which is rate. Do you know anythihng about this. I don''t have aux2 as I am using a 6100.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:24 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could leave the gear channel set to the switch (not to the gyro) and use travel adjust to set the gain of the gyro. I believe with that gyro like many others, if using travel adjust any gain setting over 0% is tail lock with +100% being full tail lock gain, and below 0% is rate mode with -100% being full rate mode gain. In the gyro function, anything over 50 is tail lock with 100% being full tail lock gain, and below 50 being rate mode with 0% being full rate mode gain.