Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Gyro lockout?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 04:36 AM
rslstft
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gyro lockout?

Danny,
First of all, I feel sorry for you sitting there answering all of our dumb questions, but having said that, I will ask another. I have a Ultra Stick .60 with a 649 receiver, a 460T gyro on the rudder with a 4735 servo. I have 46 flights on the plane without any problems what so ever. The other day, flying the plane, unfortunately the throttle linkage broke at full throttle. Well, not too much of a problem, just fly around until it runs out of fuel and land. With about 2-3 minutes left in the tank, the plane went completely out of control. Luckily the engine quit, and somehow I got the plane down (not my ability, just luck) and the rudder was locked all the way to the left! As the throttle linkage broke, I don't know it the receiver went into failsafe as everything is on hold except the throttle. I turned off the receiver and back on again, and all worked fine?! I didn't fly it again that day, but kept turning it on and off and never had a problem again. I flew it again today, and everything was fine until about 6-7 minutes into the flight and it did it again, but this time the throttle did NOT go to idle as it would in failsafe??? Control returned after about 10 seconds and I was able to safely land the planes again. (That plane must have 9 lives!) I use a ICOM R-2 scanner and there was no noise on my channel (17) before or after the flight. Is there a possibility that the gyro is causing this problem? Both times it was turned off (gain set to 0 on code 44) so I am really confused and afraid to fly again until I figure this out. Thanks for your help.

Russ Stift
Old 03-03-2003, 04:09 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Gyro lockout?

Sorry to hear that you are having problems, but it is good to hear you have been able to save the plane! It is possible that the gyro may be causing the problems, but there are other possibilities as well. You can try removing the gyro and see if that solves the problem, and if so, send in the gyro for service. Also keep in mind that a receiver uses 2 different frequencies, the channel you are on and the mirror image frequency which for single conversion receivers is 450 Mhz above the frequency you are on. If there is any noise on either frequency you can have hits. The problem may also be with a servo, extension, switch, etc. Always perform a thorough range test, we have very good instructions here for performing range tests. http://horizon.hobbyshopnow.com/articles/1079.asp Feel free to send in your equipment that you suspect and we can check it out for you to help narrow it down.