Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

receiver stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 04:56 PM
vtcornercarver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default receiver stopped working

Hey Danny. I have a 649 PCMS receiver in my new Showtime 90. It has about 20 nice flights on it, no hard landings or anything elso. A new 9303 with a new module, both on CH 21. Sunday I went to the basement to load my airplane into my car, and turned on the TX then the RX to make sure all was well, and .........NOTHING. I couldn't believe it. I put a different CH 21 module and crystal into my TX , and a different ch 21 crystal into the receiver, and nothing. Then I put an unused receiver near the plane, and hooked up the battery (through the on/off switch) and the throttle servo to this RX, and my TX worked perfectly with the crystal that was in the 649. This eliminated the battery and on/off switch as well as the crystal. I then went to 5 other planes in my shop, on different channels and put in the correct modules and tried them all. Perfect. The only RX that wouldn't work with my TX was the 649 on CH 21 in my Showtime. I made sure that the modulation was set to SPCM (my transmitter has 3 choices, ZPCM, SPCM, and PPM). All was correct. I even chose an unused model in my TX memory and set it to SPCM and tried, still nothing. Do you have any idea what would make a RX just stop receiving? It was well insulated in foam, and way back behind the CG. I have a Dubro soft mount on my YS 1.10. I have already sent it into the service center, and am waiting for a verdict. They probably just got it today. Also, when loading the airplane, I bumped the trailing edge of one elevator half on my deck. Hardly made a mark, but because of the large elevator, and the long aluminum arms, the leverage must have forced the servo (9411) to move past the "stop" and done some damage, because it felt rough after the elevator got bumped. I couldn't see a stripped gear, but it felt rough. It also was sent in with the receiver. Thanks for any theories...............Pete ps I am going to feel like a real dope in I did something obvious and just didn't see it.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:16 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: receiver stopped working

I wouldn't be able to say what might be wrong without seeing it, but our service center will do what they can for you.