Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Tx synth module - damaged?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 12:39 PM
JustABigKid
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tx synth module - damaged?

Hi Danny,
I have the synth module on my XP9303, and recently I was range testing with the antenna removed (I didn't read the manual about leaving it attached but collapsed... [sm=72_72.gif]). I was doing range tests with the antenna removed for maybe 5~10 minutes periods. I've heard that having the Tx on with the antenna removed will overheat the electronics and could cause a failure - is this true? My transmitter still seems to send a good signal, but I'm wondering now if it might drop dead in the middle of a flight...
Old 06-21-2007, 03:29 PM
Mac_Man_UK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tx synth module - damaged?

The nice thing about the JR modules are that they are designed to reduce the current if the antenna matching is incorrect (ie by leaving it down).

It is unlikely that serious damage has occurred but make sure you range test it correctly eaxh time you go to fly so as to make sure that all is well. Make a note of the distance so you can see if there is a downward trend.

If in doubt, send it in for a checkup.