Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Need help - charging Tx/Rx batteries

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 11:41 PM
mjemery

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help - charging Tx/Rx batteries

Danny,

I recently bought a JR 662 radio and I’d like to be able to charge/trickle charge the Tx and RX batteries with my Ace Digipulse. I understand the JR charging plug polarity is reversed from the “standard” – that said, I had the following questions:

- Should I just cut off the Tx and Rx plugs on the JR charger and solder those to a plugs that fits my Digipulse? I guess I would have to reverse the connections on the Digipulse connector end. On the Tx plug end of the supplied charger, which wire is negative and which is positive? (it’s not clear because rather than red and black, the wires are black and black with a white stripe). Same question on the Rx plug (since colors are brown, red, orange)?

- Or do you recommend buying adapter cables (Ace sells adapter cables already wired) – it would be a lot cheaper to just do the soldering myself but I don’t want to ruin a brand new radio because I was too cheap to buy $6 adapter cords.

- Or what do you think about the item below (pulled off RC Universe) – where someone rewired the charging jacks on the Tx itself.

I have rewired the charging jacks on ALL my JR radios to match my old Futabas .Simply reverse the connections on the charge jack. You can either run the JR charger over with your car to be sure you never use it OR reverse the wiring on that too.
It is nice to have everything the same AND a BI-DIRECTIONL Charge/DISCHARGE and READ THE BATTERY VOLTAGE jack !

Thanks!!