Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Spektrum DX3 with Venom failsafe

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 07:44 PM
monsterT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum DX3 with Venom failsafe

Hi to all experts,

I used to use the original HPI rc and tx with the venom failsafe on my Savage X. I managed to buy a second hand Spektrum DX3 with 2 rc's. I love this DX3 and works great specially it comes with a built in FS But I read in this forum that it's better to have another FS in the rc box just in case the batt died, so I installed my venom but to my surprised it wouldn't work at all. I know it should flash if I turn the tx off but it doesn't[&o]. Current flows thru coz the throttle response when I press it. Batts on both rc and tx were fully charged when installation and testing was performed

I'm really puzzled as to why my venom failsafe wouldn't work with my Spektrum. Am I missing something here???[]

Thanking you all in advance
Old 06-28-2007, 02:38 AM
monsterT

Default RE: Spektrum DX3 with Venom failsafe

Any one[&o]
Old 06-28-2007, 08:29 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure why it would not work, but we have not tested that fail safe with the Spektrum system.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:41 AM
aconsola
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: monsterT

. Am I missing something here???[]

yes you are.
When you shut off the TX, you activate the failsafe in the spektrum RX. That failsafe sends the pre-determined signal (which you can set during binding) to the servo. The venom failsafe has no way of determining if the signal is coming from the tx or is generated by the rx in failsafe mode, it just sees a valid signal and hence does not activate.
I see no reason why you would need an external failsafe. the built-in receiver failsafe obviously works. if there is no power to the rx you are sunk anyway, Unless the venom unit is self powered and can activate the servo without power from the receiver(don't have one so I don't know),
-Anthony
Old 06-28-2007, 07:37 PM
monsterT

ORIGINAL: dsnyder

I'm not sure why it would not work, but we have not tested that fail safe with the Spektrum system.
Thanks Danny,

Have you tested any other fail safe with Spektrum system?
Old 06-28-2007, 07:45 PM
monsterT

ORIGINAL: aconsola

ORIGINAL: monsterT

. Am I missing something here???[]

yes you are.
When you shut off the TX, you activate the failsafe in the spektrum RX. That failsafe sends the pre-determined signal (which you can set during binding) to the servo. The venom failsafe has no way of determining if the signal is coming from the tx or is generated by the rx in failsafe mode, it just sees a valid signal and hence does not activate.
I see no reason why you would need an external failsafe. the built-in receiver failsafe obviously works. if there is no power to the rx you are sunk anyway, Unless the venom unit is self powered and can activate the servo without power from the receiver(don't have one so I don't know),
-Anthony
I thought about that but never the thought about the signal conflict. What about if I re-bind again not setting the built-in fail safe, will that work? I have the fail safe and if I can use it good if not I'll just sell it
Old 06-28-2007, 07:58 PM
aconsola
My Feedback: (1)

There is no way to not set the built-in failsafe. If you just re-bind without moving the wheel/trigger, then the failsafe will simply be set to neutral, but will still be set.
-Anthony
Old 06-29-2007, 05:41 AM
monsterT

Thanks Anthony, fully understood
Old 06-29-2007, 08:27 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've used a Dynamite fail safe.