Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Whats up with JR servos?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 12:51 PM
stomper
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats up with JR servos?

Okay....I was just about done setting up a Flip 3D when It happen. I turn on my transmitter(JR 10X) and the servos start throwing the surfaces back and fourth( about 3/4" to 1 1/4"). I could get them to stop by holding the surface still and the servo would find center and hold it there till the plane was bumped or input was given by the transmitter. I have never seen or heard of this happening before. This is driving me nuts!! I have two ds3301 wing servos and ds8231 in the rest of plane all new! the reciver is a JR r600 with a JR 1100 4.8 batt. pack. I only use JR equipment and since i have never seen this problem before, I'm having a hard time understanding how brand new and two types of servos could behave like this. What am I missing here????
Thanks for any help!

Doug
Old 03-06-2003, 02:26 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doug,
That is bizarre. If you are standing close to the plane, take a few steps back and see if it goes away. It is possible that the receiver is getting swamped out by the TX, and just needs a little more space. If the movements were less it may just be the servos overshoot oscillating, which could be caused by various things. Some of them are too stiff of hinges, slop in the linkages, servos mounted too rigidly, or a heavy control surface. But with the amount of movement you are seeing it doesn't sound like this effect. Some other things that I have seen cause effects like this, are a bad extension, switch, battery, or perhaps one problem servo back feeding to the receiver. Try using another battery and switch plugged into the receiver, or unplugging servos, and extensions and see if you can narrow it down to one component.
Old 03-06-2003, 03:32 PM
stomper
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Danny

thanks for the quick response sir!
The plane is a Filp 3D. The surfaces are very large and light with free moving hinges. The surfaces are all set up with ball links( no slop at all). At one point i hooked up a new ds8411 on the worst aileron and the 8411 held the surface still with no problem. I did contact you folks a few days ago and Evan said he has seen this before, and said to ship the servos in for a check up, they are on there way. I still feel like i'm missing something here? Thanks for your help me with this night mare!!

Doug
Old 03-06-2003, 03:50 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is possible that a servo could cause that, so that may help narrow it down for you. Checking out a few of the other points may help as well. If you still have trouble with it, please let us know and we'll try to help trouble shoot it further.