Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

10x pilot lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 01:13 AM
cliffy227
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10x pilot lights

Danny,

Just got my new 10x transmitter and installed the spektrum 2.4 module. The book says that when you are charging the tx battery that both "pilot" lights should be "on". Mine aren't. The red light on the charger is on, but neither green light is on. Also, when I power up the transmitter, only the left "pilot" light stays on, the right one just blinks once then goes out. The book does not address these lights anywhere that I can find. What do they mean. Shouldn't both be on when the transmitter is powered up? And again, what about the statement in the book about both of them being on during charge.

Thanks

Cliff Honeycutt
Old 08-01-2007, 03:34 AM
Mac_Man_UK

Default RE: 10x pilot lights

The 2 LEDS on the 10X will be OFF whilst charging, the left LED will only be ON when the set is powered up. The right LED indicates that RF is being generated. The RF output from a STANDARD module (Synth or Crystal) is sampled and turns on the LED via electronic switches.

This relies on the RF being on Pin 1 of the RF module. When using a 2.4 GHz module, the RF signal is rerouted to its own dedicated antenna and NOT via the internal connection. As no RF is being detected by the sensor board, it will not turn the LED on.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:09 AM
cliffy227
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: 10x pilot lights

So everything is alright then. Thanks a million for the info.

Cliff