Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Lead problems. X378 with Reflex SIM

Old 03-09-2003, 12:57 PM
Crossbow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lead problems. X378 with Reflex SIM

Hi Danny (or anyone),

I have just purchased an JR X-378 and a copy of the Reflex Flight SIM (4.02)

The Reflex sim supplies a cable which it claims to be compatible with JR TX's

My problem is that if I plug the lead into the DSC connector the JR kicks into life but the sim registers no inputs

However, if I slowly move the cable out eventually it comes into life and works, but only if I hold it there. The position it works at is almost at the point of disconnecting the JR and of course this is not usable

One theory I have is that the Reflex supplied cable has a stereo jack plug (confirmed) and that the JR has a mono socket (I cannot confirm this as it would mean taking apart my new TX)

Three questions (for starters)

Has anyone else had this problem?
Does anyone know how the JR is wired inside?
Most important of all... anyone know of a solution?

Thanks in advance...
Old 03-10-2003, 03:20 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, the JR plug is a mono socket. You will need a different plug in order to work with the 378 if it is stereo.
Old 03-10-2003, 11:43 PM
Crossbow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good news, I have a solution

Thought I should post it to help 'share the knowledge'.

First of all, thanks Danny, that was what I suspected

Anyway, to the solution.

I contacted Reflex the shop who sold me the kit and posted here all at the same time (Sunday).

By Monday 9:05 I had a message from a helpful fellow Universer (theox) and an email from Reflex

The Reflex guy told me to open the 3.5mm jack plug where I would see a resistor. The solution is to solder a wire in place of/or alongside the resistor.

The net effect of this is to connect the white wire to the tip of the plug and to connect the brown wire to both the ground and the second channel. e.g. convert it to a mono plug.

So ten out of ten to Reflex for second to none support. Incedently it is a superb sim (it certainly lives up to the PR and more).

Turning to the supplier Sussex Model Company. Well what can I say they had responded by lunchtime and offered an immediate exchange

So all in all a major triumph for the community and I can now settle into some serious learning.

Thanks to all.

P.S. If anyone else has the problem and needs some one on one detail just drop me a message.