Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Spektrum Air Module Output Power

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 01:16 PM
SansHeli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum Air Module Output Power

Dany, hi

I believe some countries have a limit of 100mW on the output power of DSM transmitters (that must also include modules I presume) and the likes of the USA allows 1W output. Is there any way of telling the TX output of my module other than putting it on an RF watt meter. I can't seem to find any info in the manual.

Thanks.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:38 PM
Mac_Man_UK

Default RE: Spektrum Air Module Output Power

As he listens to the Mission Impossible theme music !

Good Luck to you, it seems to be a closely guarded secret. I have asked Paul Beard through unofficial and official channels to see the actual test results for the European standard....... still waiting..
Old 07-26-2007, 01:57 PM
thermal7

You could check the relative RF output yourself if you had access to a microwave RF power meter at 2.4 GHZ. Keep in mind that the connection between the DX-7 and the meter would have to be minimized due to high losses in cable and connectors used. I would be interested in knowing the results of any measurements. I personally do not see how RF output is not relative to range calculations. If it were between 100 and 200 milliwatts, the 100 MW difference just between those 2 outputs would be a difference of 3 Decibels in signal strengh and a significant difference in signal strength at the receiver.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:34 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Range is far more dependant on other factors such as the installation in the model. Regardless, range of the system is line of sight.