Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

AR9000 and Failsafe (Retracts)

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 07:22 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default AR9000 and Failsafe (Retracts)

I have a JR9303, with the Spektrum Module, and an AR9000 receiver. When I mount this receiver in an aircraft with Retracts, and set the Failsafe such that when in a Failsafe Condition, the Retracts go Up, the Retracts always Cycle, everytime I turn on the Receiver. Is there a way to Prevent this from happening each time I turn on the Receiver?

Yesterday, the plane was sitting on it's gear, and I forgot about this situation. My Hangar9 P47-150 weighs 16lbs and the weight was able to keep the gear from Retracting. I did not realize what was happening, at first, and as I checked all my Flight Surfaces, I found that the Elevator was glitching. As I moved it off Neutral, it would Hold, for a second or two, and then return to Neutral. This happened several times until I heard the Gear Servos (JR791 Retract) straining. After I flipped the Gear Switch, to Down, the problem went away. I completed a flight and then plugged in the Data Logger to check the values. A=003, B=002, L=001, F=000, H=000.

Was this glitching caused by the Drain on the Receiver Batteries (JR2300Mah - 5cell - NiMh - with 5.1 Duralite Voltage Regulator) from the Stalled Retract Servos?
Old 07-31-2007, 08:37 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: AR9000 and Failsafe (Retracts)

Rebind the receiver to reset the fail safe positions and that will cure the gear issue.

The Issue-With the transmitter turned on and the retract switch in the down position, when the receiver is switched on the retract servo momentarily drives to the retracted position (wheels up) for 2-5 seconds and then the servo is driven to the down position.

The Cause- Smart safe failsafe drives the servos to their preset failsafe positions for several seconds when the receiver is first turned on during the period that the receiver is making connection with the transmitter. (2-5 seconds) If the preset failsafe position for retracts is in the up position, when the receiver is first turned on the retracts will be driven to the up position until the receiver connect with the transmitter.

The Solution- Rebind the system with the retracts in the down position thus setting the failsafe position to up (not down).The when the system is first turned on the retract servo will be driven to the down position until the transmitter connects to the receiver.

It could be that the retract servo is not reaching its end point due to a limitation in the mechanics and causing it to draw more amperage, in turn affecting the rest of the system, possibly lowering the voltage of the battery etc. It sounds like the elevator may be jittering as a result. The values from the data logger are all very good, so the system is working properly, so I'd check the retract mechanics for any binding. Retract servos should turn off at both end points.