Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Channel Xpander vs. Matchbox

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 01:03 PM
javaguy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Channel Xpander vs. Matchbox

Danny,

Help me out. What is the difference between the Jr. MatchBox and the Channel Xpander? On the channel Xpander spec. What does it mean by non-proportional?

Long
Old 03-12-2003, 02:57 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The matchbox is used to match servos together for centering and end points, and you can also reverse each servo as needed. It is proportional and can be used on any surface. The Xpander adds non-proportional "channels" to a system, for functions like bomb bay doors, gear doors, etc. With it you can control four different functions through one channel in the radio, and you can adjust the "kick point" which is the point at which each servo will "kick" or rotate over to the other end point, the travel adjustment, and you can also reverse the servo. By non-proportional, it means that the servo will only rotate from one end of the travel to the other when the radio system gives it the command to rotate. It is not to be used on flight controls such as elevator, aileron, etc.
Old 03-14-2003, 11:01 PM
wildblueyawner

Danny,

Just to confirm - With the Xpander, since the "kick point" of the servos can be individually adjusted, I presume that the servos aren't limited to sequential operation, i.e. two or more servos could be in their 'on' position at the same time, correct?

Compatible with non-JR receivers?

TIA
Old 03-17-2003, 03:24 PM
dsnyder

Yes, you can adjust them to the same kick point. JR manufactures equipment as a matched system. Theoretically it should work just fine, but we do not recommend crossing brands of equipment.